Are you trying hard to be the best dad you can be? Sometimes you just need to ask for a little bit of help. Here are 8 scriptures that you can turn to when you feel as though you need to be a better dad. God wants to help you in your time of need and these scriptures prove it.
- 1Thessalonians 2:11-12For you know how, like a father with his children, we exhorted each one of you and encouraged you and charged you to walk in a manner worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory.
- Proverbs 23:24 The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice; he who fathers a wise son will be glad in him.
- Proverbs 23:24 “The father of one who is right with God will have much joy. He who has a wise son will be glad in him.”
- Colossians 3:21Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.
- John 14:2In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
- Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Psalm 103:13 “Just as a father has compassion on his children, So the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him.”
- 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”
What scriptures do you lean on when you need/want to be a better dad?