This craft makes a wonderful gift any time of year, but it is a perfect Mother’s Day gift to make. Instead of getting flowers that will eventually wilt, this picture is decorated with flower petals that will stay fresh forever. Sealed and preserved, the flowers keep their color and beauty to compliment the precious faces of your kids.
Get the family together and grab a few household items to make a personalized gift Mom can keep forever. Spare photos and the kids’ fingerprints will add a wonderful extra touch that will make anyone smile.
You Will Need:
Fresh Flower Petals of Your Choice
Mod Podge (Any finish will do, but the “shimmer” version is shown in these images.)
Paint – green, yellow, blue
2 Paint Brushes
Spare Family Photos
To Create the Forever Fresh Flower Family Picture:
1. Cut out the faces of your chosen images.
2. Paint a block of green for the grass along with stems for each flower.
3. Glue each picture onto the top of each stem using glue gun or Mod Podge.
4. Paint a generous layer of Mod Podge around each picture and lay a flower petal on it before it dries.
5. Paint another layer of Mod Podge over the top of the petal to help preserve the flower.
6. Let the glued petals dry for 30 minutes or until no longer tacky.
7. Repeat another thinner layer of Mod Podge on the top of the petals.
8. Dip 2 fingers from each participating child into the green paint and press them along the stem to create leaves.
9. Paint a yellow sun and blue clouds. (Feel free to add your own touches and let your children run wild with their imagination.
10. Let the paint dry and then attach a length of ribbon to the back of the painting with a glue gun.
This homemade gift isn’t meant to be picture perfect, so let your kids add whatever touches they like. It will one day be a treasured personal gift that showcases your family.
What other mother’s day gifts to make have your kids done over the years?? This one will sure be treasured for years to come!