Do you know what is better than a really expensive store bought Father’s day gift?? A cute little gift that your child makes himself just for dad and this Father’s day pencil holder is not only cute but can be made for next to nothing. It’s simple and easy to do and dad will love it!!
- Paint chip strip (free from your local store in the paint isle)
- craft glue or hot glue gun
- used soup can
- white paint
- Clean and dry an old soup can or any other similar container.
- Paint can with white paint in two layers giving it time to dry in between layers. Brush on paint or spray paint will work. If using spray paint don’t glob it on or you will end up with a bunch of streaks down the side. 🙂
- Cut out a tie shape from your dried paint chip strip and glue onto dried white can.
- Add some pens and pencils and wrap up for a cute gift for dad.
This easy DIY Father’s Day Pencil Holder is an easy way to show dad you care! What other ways do you show dad you care on the cheap??