Are you looking to Spring Clean on the Cheap this year?? Every year it seems that making a living and raising a family gets a little harder to do. Cleaning products are on the rise but everyone’s paychecks seem to stay the same!
What if I told you that you can Spring Clean on the Cheap!!
Elbow grease is free right?? Well, that is the biggest part of spring cleaning! You have to get up and move, and so does your family! Hey! They live in your home too don’t they? Make a chore list and warn your family that on a specific day that you are Spring Cleaning! Once that day arrives wake them up and feed them breakfast and off they go!! Clean family, clean!
Below you will find a list of frugal cleaning tips that will help you Spring Clean on the Cheap!
Spring Cleaning on the Cheap (Frugal Cleaning Tips)
- Use Store Brands – There are very few things that I won’t buy the store brand on but those things are mainly in the food department. Buying store brand cleaners can save you a ton of money and they work just the same as the name brand ones without the high price tag!
- Magic Eraser– If you have never used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser you have not lived!! You know those spots in the bathroom…. the ones that you have no idea what it is…. boogers maybe?? If you have anything stuck to the wall this magic eraser will get it off in a flash! It even works on permanent marker, mold, soap scum, crayon, or any cleaning project you have really! Did you know that they make a generic Magic Eraser that sells for dirt cheap?? You can snag a Pack of 50 on Amazon for only $6.89!! They don’t last quite as long but they do some serious cleaning for much much cheaper! SCORE!!
- Clean with Vinegar – You can clean just about anything with a little vinegar and water. Search on the internet and you will find a ton of ideas. My favorite is mixing 50% vinegar and 50% water to a spray bottle and use it for window cleaner! Use old newspapers instead of paper towels and your windows will be sparkling. This is the perfect tip for how to spring clean on the cheap!
- Elbow Grease – If you have never heard this saying before I can break it down for you. Put some energy and muscle power into your cleaning. Anyone can spray an expensive cleaner into the bathtub and just wipe it clean. You can actually get the same results with a tad bit of Dawn dish soap and some scrubbing saving you a little cash.
- Purge! (and sell) – Nothing will make your house look fresh and clean for Spring like getting rid of some stuff. All those dust collectors and extra stuff you have laying around. Go through everything in your home…. shelves, closets, cabinets… anywhere you have extra stuff. Purge down to only what you actually need and get rid of the rest. You can actually sell them in a garage sale or on facebook and make a little cash!
These are great ways to Spring Clean on the Cheap! I would love to hear how you spring clean on the cheap in your home! Leave a comment below and let us know what you favorite frugal cleaning tip is!