Hash Brown Casserole is one of those recipes that just makes you feel good! It’s versatile and very easy to make! (Just ask my kid) She loves making it with me and for me so SWEET!!! It takes just a few minutes to whip together and is easy as pie (wait a minute, pie is not easy) Ok let’s just say it’s as easy as…… mac-n-cheese in box….. wait a minute… not quite that easy!!
Ok enough messing around today!! You are going to love this recipe and if you scroll down under the recipe you will find 8 wonderful variations to turn it into a complete meal.
• 1 Package Frozen Hashbrown Potatoes
• 16 oz Package of Sour Cream
• 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
• 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar
• French Fried Onions as a topping
• Cooking Spray or Butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine one package frozen hashbrown potatoes, 16oz sour
cream, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 2 Cups shredded cheddar.
3. Spray cooking spray (or use butter) to grease a 13×9 baking dish.
4. Pour ingredients into baking dish.
5. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
6. Add 1 Cup French fried onions and return to the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes
Additional Recipes/ Variations
1. Add 1 C Diced Cooked Ham, 1 Chopped Green pepper, 1/2 Chopped Onion, 1 Clove Garlic
2. Add 1 C Diced Cooked Ham, 1 C Chopped Fresh or Frozen Broccoli
3. Add 1 C Cooked Sausage, 1 Chopped Red Pepper, desired amount Fresh Spinach, Italian Seasoning.
Change to original recipe: use one cup Mozzarella /one cup Cheddar instead of two cups Cheddar,
Sprinkle 1/4 C parmesan on top with the French Fried Onions
4. Add 1 C Diced Cooked Chicken, 3/4 C Chopped Mushrooms, 1/2 – 3/4 Cup Chopped Bacon
5. Add 1 C Diced Cooked Chicken, 1/2 C Chopped Onion, 1 Chopped Red Pepper
6. Add 1 C Cooked Ground Beef, 1 Tbsp Chili Seasoning, .5 Tsp crushed red pepper, 1/2 C drained diced
tomatoes, 1/2 C black beans
7. Add 1 C Cooked Ground Beef, 1/2 C Chopped Bacon, 1 Tbsp Ground Black Pepper,
8. Add 1 Chopped Green Pepper, 1 Chopped Red Pepper, 1/2 Chopped Yellow Onion, 1 Clove Garlic