My kids loved the Disney movie “Inside Out” and I have to admit so did I! My 4 year old actually sat through the whole show at the movie theatre and her dad and I were cracking up the whole time!! It’s release date on Blu-ray is set to come out on November 3rd and wanting to keep the kids excited about the movie I decided to make these cute Inside Out Bing Bong Treats!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 tbs salted butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- M&M’s Candy (green)
- M&M’s Peanut Candy ( green, red, blue, yellow, orange)
- Tootsie Rolls Candy
- Coat the bottom and sides of an 8×8 inch baking pan with your non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt 3 tbs. of real butter in a large saucepan (you can use margarine but I think butter just makes it taste better)
- Add 4 cups of miniature marshmallows and stir until melted (don’t walk away….keep stirring or it could burn)
- Remove the mixture from your stove and quickly add in 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal to the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the mixture out into your baking pan. Using a piece of parchment or was paper to press the mixture down. It is easier if you spray your paper with the non-stick cooking spray. You also don’t want to press to hard or your treats will be harder instead of light and airy.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan and cut into 9 even squares.
Assembly of the Treats:
- Unwrap 2 tootsie roll candies and roll them both together into one large ball.
- Flatten the tootsie roll ball and drape it across the corner of your treat like Bing Bong’s shirt collar.
- Use a knife to make a grid on the surface of the candy to resemble the checkered pattern on his shirt.
- To make Bing Bong’s rainbow flower lapel pin place one green M&M’s candy on the lapel and then use Peanut M&M’s to form the flower petals.
- Repeat the process until all your treats are complete.
- Serve with a big glass of milk and a smile.