If you have never make a poke cake before you are really missing out on something that is VERY easy and SOOO good!! It is just one of those go-to recipes that EVERYONE loves!! It goes over well at family gatherings and potlucks in at the office. This Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe is made from a box cake mix and takes just a few minutes to throw together. Let me show you how it’s done.
Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe
1 Box White Cake Mix (Along with the ingredients to make it)
2 Cup Boiling Water
2 Cup Cold Water
2 (3 oz.) Packages of Strawberry Jello
8-16 oz. of Cool Whip (depending on how much you want on top)
1) Bake cake in a 9×13 baking pan according to the directions on the box.
2) When cake is done cooking let stand for about 30 minutes to cool.
3) Boil the 2 cups water in a medium sauce pan on the stove top.
4) Stir in jello packets until dissolved then add cold water and mix well and set aside.
5) Take a wooden handled spoon and poke all the way through the cake as shown in picture.
6) Pour jello over cake and into the holes. Don’t even worry about it if it is going all over the cake and not just in the holes. It will be good…..promise!
7) Place cake in fridge and cover overnight or for at least 3 hours. Pull out and spread cool whip topping onto the top as icing. Slice and serve. 🙂
What is your favorite desert to take on pot luck day at work?