I finally decided to try making some DIY Reusable Dryer Sheets to save a little money in the laundry department. I was pleasantly surprised that not only was it good for the pocket book but they actually worked just as well if not a little better than traditional dryer sheets. They are very easy to do and much better for the environment too.
What You Need:
- Fabric Softener
- Dish clothes or sponges
- Airtight container for storage
- Mix equal parts of fabric softener and water together. I used two cups each and it worked out very well for the container I was using.
- Place wash cloths or sponges into your air tight container and pour your fabric softener/water mixture over the top of the sponges.
- Keep container closed until ready to use.
- When it’s time to put your DIY Reusable Dryer Sheets into the dryer just open it up and ring all the excess liquid out and place into your dryer as you would a traditional sheet.
- When your clothes have finished drying you can either place the washcloth or sponge back into the container or place it into your laundry to be washed. Wash out container and replace with new liquid every month to keep it fresh.
Any fabric softener will work well; just pick up your favorite scent at your local store. I really the smell of the laundry when I pull it out of the dryer and have had no problems with wrinkles or static. A big plus to this method is not having to find the fabric dryer sheets in the pile of clothing or worse yet…. have one fall out of your pant leg when walking in public!
If you plan on using sponges and they are large ones feel free to cut them in halves or quarters depending on the size. I found that the micro-fiber dish clothes worked well for me.
I would love to hear how the DIY Reusable Fabric Softener Sheets work in your home. If you like this tip be sure and share it with your friends!