My mom came up to visit last week and brought a ton of fantastic peaches and I decided it was time to put together a Classic Peach Pie for everyone to enjoy! The weather is atrociously hot so we are stuck inside most of the day. My hubbie was just a little upset that we didn’t have any ice cream to go with the classic peach pie but he survived!
Classic Peach Pie Recipe
- Double 9 inch Pie Crust (we used the ones from the store but you could make your own if you would like)
- 5 Cups Fresh Peaches, Peeled and Sliced
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup All- Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar (for the top)
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray bottom and sides of your 9 inch pie pan with pam cooking spray.
- Sift together your flour, 1 cup sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl and set aside.
- Slice and peel peaches and add them to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place the first pie crust into your pie pan.
- Pour in your peach filling mixture into your pie pan.
- Add on the top pie crust, crimp edges and cut slits into the top to vent.
- Cover the edges of the pie with foil to keep it from burning around the edges. Pull off the aluminum foil during the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes until the crust is browned and the juices begin to bubble.