How to Become a Toy Tester and Get Free Toys
So you are wondering exactly How to Become a Toy Tester and Get Free Toys??
The easiest way, of course, is to start your own blog. Now don’t go getting all crazy on me! LOL, It’s actually fairly easy to do. Toy companies like to work with bloggers and often times they will send you a free product for you to review on your own blog.
There are a few steps that you need to take to start a blog.
- Pick a name for your site and register a Domain Name.
- Find a Host to host your site. I recommend A Small Orange they are affordable and reliable.
- Install WordPress (You MUST go with WordPress!) This can be done through your dashboard on A Small Orange.
I am starting a whole “How to Start” a Blog Series so go to the top of the page and sign up for my email updates and you can see when the whole series starts!
Moving onto How To Become a Toy Tester and Get Free Toys without your own blog……..
If you have a child in elementary school it’s likely they love watching YouTube and seeing kids play with all the latest toys on the market. My daughter loves this and I often times wonder how they get all those toys or are they just extremely blessed with parents who buy them all the latest toys.
I decided to do some research and come to find out many of the kids are toy testers and they work with toy companies! I had no idea that toy companies are often looking for normal kids to send their toys to in exchange for a review. Read on to find out how to become a toy tester and get free toys!
The age range varies based on the types of toys they are releasing, however, most often times companies are searching for toddler age all the way up to preteen. Toy companies that are looking for toy testers will either send you a toy and ask for reviews and thoughts from you and your child or they will ask you to come to the office headquarters and test the toys in the toy labs.
If you think this is something you think your child would love to do here are some tips get started and get free toys by becoming a toy tester. Start following your favorite toy companies on social media, as they will post there when they are looking for kids. Step 2 recently announced on their page they were looking for families to test the new Thomas the Tank bed. Families that were chosen were sent the bed in exchange for a review. Mattel also recently posted a link on their Facebook page with an application for toy testers to fill out.
Some companies you may want to think about following are:
- Step2 Facebook Page
- Mattel Imagination Facebook Page
- Mega Bloks Facebook Page
- Discovery Toys Facebook Page
You can also test out Mattel and Fisher Price toys by signing up to be a part of the Fisher Price Family Club.
Here are some helpful tips to help your child get these opportunities:
- Make sure they are comfortable in front of the camera – often times a video review is what they are looking for.
- Create a Social Media Profile: You will want to have some way of spreading the word because this is what companies look for. Even if you have an active Facebook or Pinterest page that will work. The bigger online presence the better your chances.
- Contact the company: That’s right! Does your child have a favorite toy? If so contact the toy maker and let them know. By doing this you will have a better chance at becoming a candidate to test toys when future opportunities become available.
While you probably can’t expect to get all your toys for free, it is a great opportunity, it’s fun and a great way to save some money.
Now remember at the beginning I talked about How to Get Free Toys by starting your own blog?? Well here are a few of the toys that I have received for review in the past years. I do reviews on this site and over at SistersSavingCents.com.
Here are just a few of the toys we have received FREE!
- PlasmaCar Ride on Toy Best Toy Ever!!!
- Learning Resources Smart Snacks Shape Sorting Cupcakes
- Super Sorting Pie
- Primary Science and Sensory Tubes (Loved these)
There are honestly to many toys to list, but those are a few that we have gotten free.
Have you or someone you know had the chance to get free toys from being a toy tester? If so what are some tips you have?