I hate to admit it but my favorite food in the whole world is bacon! As a matter of fact just this year my brother drew my name at Christmas time and he bought me a whole gag gift basket all about bacon which included some fabulous bacon duct tape. I absolutely loved it and so did my kids! I figured it was about time I shared my famous Bacon Maple Cupcakes with all my fabulous readers.
With the taste of bacon and maple how can you go wrong??
Scrumptious Bacon Maple Cupcakes
4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter at room temperature
1⁄2 tablespoon bacon drippings (solid)
5 tablespoons brown sugar
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 1⁄4 cups self rising flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
tiny pinch salt
1⁄4 cup milk
1⁄4 cup of cooked minced bacon
Directions for Batter:
– Cook bacon in a fry pan (I used one pound).
– Reserve the drippings and place in the fridge to solidify.
– Mince 1/4 a cup of the bacon.
– Beat the butter and solidified bacon fat until light and creamy.
– Add the brown sugar and maple syrup and beat well until combined.
– Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
– Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and powder together.
– Add some of the flour and mix, then some of the milk.
– Continue to alternate the dry and wet ingredients, ending with the dry.
– Mix until just combined.
-Fold in the bacon.
-Taste and add more maple syrup, flour, or milk if needed for desired taste.
– Scoop into cupcake papers.
– Bake at 350 F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
– Rotate the pan after the first 15 minutes for even baking.
Maple Syrup frosting:
4 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 cup of powdered sugar.
Directions for Frosting: –
Beat the syrup and butter until combined.
-Add the sugar, a bit at a time.
– Whip at high speeds until combined.
-Pipe or spread onto cupcakes.