Looking for a great little pick me up after your workout? or maybe for a delicious treat that you don’t have to feel guilty about? Then these little guys are just right for you! Packed with protein and all kinds of good vitamins and minerals, these easy to make protein balls are sure to satisfy your cravings the healthy way.
- 1 can chickpeas (16 oz)
- ½ cup nut butter ( I used ¼ cup peanut butter and ¼ cup espresso almond butter)
- 1 ½ -2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp honey or other liquid sweetener (to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp vegan protein powder, I used Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake ( Vanilla Chai Flavor)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp raw organic cacao powder ( I used this brand )
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips ( this brand is vegan and soy free )
- crushed nuts to roll the finished product in
Toss all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and chia seeds into a food processor or high powered blender, process until smooth (about 2-3 minutes). The consistency should be about that of cookie dough. Stir in chips and chia seeds until thoroughly mixed into the dough. If the dough is too warm to roll into balls, put in the refrigerator for a few minutes. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, then coat with nuts of your choice.
Makes about 25 protein balls (depending on the size you decide to make them)
They’ll keep for about a week if stored in the refrigerator
You may be able to keep them for longer if frozen, although in my house they never quite last long enough to freeze them (;
You may also like